Brown Field Implementation
SAP S/4HANA |The next-generation ERP business suite
- System conversion, also known as the ‘Brownfield’ approach, enables migration to SAP S/4HANA without re-implementation and without disruption to existing business processes. At the same time, it enables revaluation of customization and existing process flows.
- The Brownfield preference trend also makes sense considering the implications of a Greenfield migration on testing.
SAP S/4 HANA Project Brown field Implementation Approach
- A Brownfield conversion presents a risk-free opportunity to cost-effectively combine the SAP landscape rebuild with an overall consolidation and harmonization of all SAP-related business processes.
- A system conversion is preferable to new implementation as it can be broken into several distinct phases – enabling companies to keep a clear view on the project scope and to continuously optimize their project management.
- For example, consider the steps below which is depicted in the picture below:
- Optimize the Custom Code
- Upgrade to EHP
- Implement SAP Business Suite on HANA
- Prepare to migrate to SAP S/4HANA