Our customer produces and markets wholesome, Low fat, specialty milk. Insulated milk tankers collect milk from chilling centers and Bulk Milk Cooling centers located in villages, where farmers bring in fresh milk during the day. The raw milk is subjected to strict quality checks to assess the wholesome ness of milk. This milk is transported to dairy Plant, where it is processed, packed and distributed to retailers.
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE PROJECT
- Legal Entity : One
- Plants : 5
- SAP Users : 150
- Person hours of efforts spent on the project : 3600 +
CUSTOMER PAIN AREAS
- Ineffective supply chain management processes
- Gaps in milk procurement and production processes
- Ineffective financial reporting
SOLUTION PROVIDED / BENEFITS TO CUSTOMER
- Provided a customized solution Milk Procurement & Milk Production, thus Increasing the operational efficiencies and improving the supply chain processes
- Improved the inventory traceability thus helping to reduce existing stock levels across the company.
- Interfaces were built to communicate with third-party applications to capture the gross weight and other required details from the weighing machine and capture the milk quality in terms of FAT and SNF, for vendor payment.
- Provided real time financial reporting for each product, thus providing information for managers to quickly shift production to meet market’s demand
- Implemented transactional and analytical Fiori Apps to provide a harmonious and unified user experience across all devices, from which the application is accessed